The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Adventures in the West
Henry Halpin, Fur Trader and Indian Agent
This is the story of Irish-born Henry Ross Halpin, who by the age of 16 began a long association with the fur trade and Canada's native peoples, was thrice employed by the Hudson's Bay Company, and became an Indian agent (18851901). Halpin's work took him from Fort Garry, Manitoba, to Fort York on the shores of the Hudson Bay, and across the Prairies to British Columbia. This book is based on Halpin's previously unpublished menoirs, Hudson's Bay Company post journals and correspondence, the 1885 Rebellion trials where Halpin was a witness, and the reports and correspondence of the Department of Indian Affairs.
, or download in or
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Special industries and trades > Manufacturing industries
- Academic > History > America > Descriptive accounts of America. Earliest to 1810
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- History > Native American
- History > Military
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)