The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Western Alps, from Rift to Passive Margin to Orogenic Belt
An Integrated Geoscience Overview
This book addresses the evolution of the Alpine fold belt for the first time in the English language. It builds on classical Alpine geological studies made since the start of the 19th century by combining that research with modern results obtained over the past 50 years using new marine geological and geophysical technologies. The book thus provides an integrated overview of the evolution of the Alps from rift to passive margin to the present fold belt over a significant time span.
* an integrated multidisciplinary synthesis of the evolution of the Alps from rift to passive margin to foldbelt.
* 175 figures, structural maps and cross sections.
* an index of localities referred to in the fext and figures.
* a brief summary of the history and development of ideas concerning the evolution of fold belts and passive margins since the 19th century.
* provides basis for further enquire and research
* provides wider context relevant to marine and oil industry geoscientists.
429 pages; ISBN 9780444537256
, or download in
More from this author
- Regional Geology and Tectonics: Principles of Geologic Analysis2012US$ 169.95908 pages
- Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary Basins2012US$ 129.95566 pages
The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Desktop Edition Volume I 2013 US$ 40.00 536 pages
Quantum Mechanics 2014 US$ 26.99 385 pages