Church Planting Is for Wimps (Foreword by Darrin Patrick)
How God Uses Messed-Up People to Plant Ordinary Churches That Do Extraordinary Things
This latest addition to the IXMarks series tells the story of the revitalization of Guilford Baptist Church in northern Virginia. Weaving together scripture and biblical principles with humor and personal anecdotes, author Michael McKinley asserts that a pastor's faithful exposition of God's Word, passion for sharing the gospel, and care in the training of other godly leaders are more important than the size of his church.
McKinley honestly shares his own fears and rookie mistakes, along with encouraging stories of how God moved at Guilford Baptist. We are reminded that God uses weak and fearful pastors in plants and revitalizations; church planting is indeed for "wimps." For pastors and seminarians considering a church plant and those already struggling in their own fledgling congregations, this book is a thoughtful and encouraging resource.
126 pages; ISBN 9781433524646
, or download in
Title: Church Planting Is for Wimps (Foreword by Darrin Patrick)
Author: Mike McKinley; Darrin Patrick
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Church management. Efficiency > Church management
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Church management. Efficiency > Church group work
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Worship Public and private > Worship; History; Early church, ca. 30-600
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Saints' days
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Ministry