Modern Text Book of Zoology Vertebrates

Modern Text Book of Zoology Vertebrates
The book has been written to cater for the long lasting needs of Indian students as it is almost impossible for them to chose any single textbook on vertebrates. It is intended primarily as a textbook for the Honours and the Undergraduate students of the Indian Universities. However, the students of higher classes, the candidates preparing for various competetive examinations, and the subject teachers may also find it useful as a handy guide for reference. The book follows essentially the pattern set earlier by my textbook on the Invertebrates. Thus, important Indian animal types have been described first, followed by chapters on characters, classification, other types and general topics of different classes of Vertebrates. Introduction to the Chordates and chapters on Protochordates, Osteology, Embryology and Histology of Vertebrate types have been arranged in separate SECTIONS to achieve better understanding and to avoid unnecessary repetitions. Topics have been selected with great care and treated in a simple and lucid style. Characters and classifications have been simplified and controversies avoided to benefit our young readers. Illustrations have been specially designed with great dexterity, accurately, and in conformity with their textual descriptions. It has been my best endeavour to furnish maximum information, sufficient for the students, in simple language, obtained after sifting and filtering through several foreign textbooks as well as periodicals and journals.
Rastogi Publications; January 2010
9350440415
9788171338917
9789350440414