Sams Teach Yourself iPhone Application Development in 24 Hours
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to build powerful applications for today’s hottest mobile device: the iPhone! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master every skill and technology you need, from setting up your iPhone development environment to building great user interfaces, sensing motion to writing multitasking applications. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common iOS development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Printed in full color—figures and code appear as they do in Xcode
- Covers iOS 4.0 and up
- Learn the features of Xcode 3.2 and Interface Builder
- Prepare your system and iPhone for efficient development
- Get started quickly with Apple’s Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development paradigm
- Design highly usable applications with interactive widgets and web-connected interfaces
- Use Table views to navigate structured data
- Build rotatable and resizable user interfaces
- Read and write data and create System Setting plug-ins
- Use the iPhone’s media playback and recording capabilities
- Create map and location-based (GPS) services
- Sense motion and orientation with the iPhone’s accelerometer and the iPhone 4 gyroscope
- Create universal applications that run on the iPhone and iPad
- Write background-aware multitasking applications
- Distribute your applications through the App Store
Title: Sams Teach Yourself iPhone Application Development in 24 Hours
Author: John Ray
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > Intel i860 (Microprocessor)
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Microprocessors
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Computers > Programming Languages
- Computers > Programming
- Computers > Data Transmission Systems
This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...
- Sams Teach Yourself iPad Application Development in 24 HoursUS$ 31.99
- Sams Teach Yourself iOS 6 Application Development in 24 HoursUS$ 35.99
- iOS 7 Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach YourselfUS$ 35.99
- iOS 8 Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach YourselfUS$ 35.99
- iOS 9 Application Development in 24 Hours, Sams Teach YourselfUS$ 35.99