The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
More Than Bake Sales
The Resource Guide to Family Involvement in Education
We all know how crucial family involvement at home and in school is to a child's academic success, yet how do we achieve it? In More Than Bake Sales James Vopat details proven ways of increasing parent involvement as well as providing the resource materials you will need to get started. With illustrative examples from a variety of elementary and middle schools, the opportunities for family-school collaboration include:
- over two dozen curriculum-based parent workshops in writing, reading, family and community history, ecology, education standards, and computer technology;
- a tested model for developing parent-teacher leadership in which leadership is accomplished by doing, not talking about doing;
- practical and proven strategies any teacher can use to strengthen the home-school connection (how about starting your own Roving Parent Journal?);
- community-building activities that establish trust and improve communication with parents;
- accessible resource materials, including research articles, read-alouds, a list of helpful national organizations, and reproducible workshop formats.
More Than Bake Sales will help you increase parent involvement in your classroom and school in ways that support children's learning and academic success.
158 pages; ISBN 9781571108906
, or download in