for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Professional Practicum Manual

Experiential Education in Leisure Services, Recreation, Parks and Tourism

Professional Practicum Manual
This text has been compiled as a workbook for the Leisure Studies, Parks, Recreation, and Tourism major enrolled in the Practicum. It is intended to provide information concerning the requirements of all individuals directly involved in the experience. The Manual is intended to fulfill the following purposes: (1) identify the expectations, responsibilities, policies and procedures governing the practicum experience; (2) provide to the practicum student, the agency supervisor, and the college/university supervisor a common packet of information relative to the role and specific duties each is expected to fulfill; (3) facilitate better communication and understanding of the practicum experience between the student, agency, the major faculty, and the total college community; and (4) define the practicum experience in terms of goals, objectives, and overall purpose. The importance of the practicum experience cannot be overemphasized. It provides higher education within a living laboratory where the curriculum can be applied and tested; it provides the agencies with the opportunity to train and educate future professionals according to contemporary and practical techniques; and it provides the student with essential experience to smooth the transition from the student role to the role of professional. It is anticipated that this partnership will provide highly qualified and competent individuals prepared to assume leadership in such a dynamic and diverse field.
Charles C Thomas; January 1997
Download in secure PDF format