The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Introduction to Documentary, Second Edition
This new edition of Bill Nichols’s bestselling text provides an up-to-date introduction to the most important issues in documentary history and criticism. Designed for students in any field that makes use of visual evidence and persuasive strategies, Introduction to Documentary identifies the distinguishing qualities of documentary and teaches the viewer how to read documentary film. Each chapter takes up a discrete question, from "How did documentary filmmaking get started?" to "Why are ethical issues central to documentary filmmaking?" Carefully revised to take account of new work and trends, this volume includes information on more than 100 documentaries released since the first edition, an expanded treatment of the six documentary modes, new still images, and a greatly expanded list of distributors.
368 pages; ISBN 9780253004871
, or download in or
More from this author
More Performing Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > Medieval, general works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > Renaissance, special topics
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > 17th century
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > History > 20th century
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Motion pictures
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Biography of Critics
- Performing Arts > Film