The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Lion of Liberty
Patrick Henry and the Call to a New Nation
As quick with a rifle as he was with his tongue, Henry was America’s greatest orator and courtroom lawyer, who mixed histrionics and hilarity to provoke tears or laughter from judges and jurors alike. Henry’s passion for liberty (as well as his very large family), suggested to many Americans that he, not Washington, was the real father of his country.
This biography is history at its best, telling a story both human and philosophical. As Unger points out, Henry’s words continue to echo across America and inspire millions to fight government intrusion in their daily lives.
336 pages; ISBN 9780306819346
, or download in or
- Academic > History > United States > Revolution to the Civil War, 1775/1783-1861 > General
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- Biography & Autobiography > Political
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)
- History > Great Britain
- History > Europe
- History > Africa
- History > Australia & Oceania
- History > Far East
- History > World