New to

Real Relationships in a World of Isolation

Connect by Jonathan McKee

"In an age where teenagers are deeply engaged in virtual communities and social networks, they’re still feeling alone and isolated. It may sound all too simple, but the truth is that you have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of students with the simple act of spending time with them, one-on-one. Whether you’re a volunteer or the lead youth pastor, getting some students to open up and share their lives can be a challenge. In this practical book you’ll learn the importance of connecting with students on an individual basis and get helpful ideas on how to engage a variety of students in meaningful dialogue. You’ll explore and learn more about connecting with six different types of students, including: • The “No Way” Kid • The “Not Interested” Kid • The “Checking Things Out Kid” • The “Stagnant” Kid • The “Growing” Kid • The “Looking for Ministry” Kid Connect will walk you through the steps to lead you into relationships with students that go beyond the youth room and impact them into adulthood."

Zondervan/Youth Specialties; January 2010
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: Connect
Author: Jonathan McKee
Art show at library today -
Fri, 05 Aug 2016 23:30:22 -0700
Art show at library todaySaukValley.comIn conjunction with the festival, an art show will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today ...
Welcome to the SixSeeds Summer Book Giveaway! - Patheos (blog)
Sun, 08 Jul 2012 17:14:07 -0700
Patheos (blog)Welcome to the SixSeeds Summer Book Giveaway!Patheos (blog)This July 20th, we're trying to beat the heat by ...
12 Keys to a Guy-Grabbing Christmas Eve Service - Patheos (blog)
Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:15:17 -0800
Patheos (blog)12 Keys to a Guy-Grabbing Christmas Eve ServicePatheos (blog)OK. Parked now. It's different for every church ...