The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Marriage Builder
A Blueprint for Couples and Counselors
(If any tax is payable it will be calculated and shown at checkout.)
Psychologist Larry Crabb cuts to the heart of the biblical view of marriage: the 'one-flesh' relationship. He argues convincingly that the deepest needs of human personality -- security and significance -- ultimately cannot be satisfied by a marriage partner. We need to turn to the Lord, rather than our spouse, to satisfy our needs. This frees both partners for 'soul oneness,' a commitment to minister to our spouse's needs rather than manipulating them to meet our own needs. With 'soul oneness' comes renewed 'body oneness,' where couples enjoy sexual pleasure as an expression and outgrowth of a personal relationship. The Marriage Builder also identifies three building blocks essential to constructing marriage: the grace of God, true marriage commitment, and acceptance of one's mate. Now for the first time, discussion questions have been added to aid couples who want to come to deeper understanding of marriage. Helpful to counselors and laypersons alike, The Marriage Builder is for anyone who longs to transform marriage from trial to triumph.
Zondervan; August 2009
, or download in
, or download in
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Marriage > Marriage
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Sacraments. Ordinances
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Religion > Christianity > Christian Life
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Counseling
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Family & Relationships > Marriage