The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Thinking Theologically About Youth Ministry
US$ 24.99 (+ tax)
Starting Right: Thinking Theologically About Youth Ministry is the first academic textbook that introduces youth ministry students (whether undergraduate or graduate level) to a marriage of solid research, real life, and accessible design. Whereas most college-level texts may reflect a thorough (though impenetrable) mastery of the field, they tend to expect readers to plow through unnecessarily thick prose and bland design because 'it's good for them.' Youth Specialties doesn't agree. In this debut title to a continuing academic book line, college and seminary students will be introduced to real-life research, real-life youth ministry dilemmas, and real-life solutions. Contributing writers represent a spectrum of Christian Education thought and practice, as well as widespread recognition in their field...transdenominational, yet the perfect background to ministry in any denomination or ministry organization This text includes thorough indexes, design, and graphics that compel readers from page to page (now that's a first for a college text!); organization that permits professors to use any part of the text, in any order, rather than plod through the entire book from beginning to end; a perfect primary text that gives students a rich, academic, and readable (though not 'popular') grasp of every aspect of youth ministry a typical Intro course touches, while also serving as an ideal secondary text.
Zondervan; April 2010
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Pastoral theology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Practical church work. > Church work with young adults
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Feast days
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymnology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymn books in English
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Pastoral theology
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Religion
- Religion > Christianity > Christian Life
- Religion > Theology