The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Fundamentals of Forensic DNA Typing
John Butler, bestselling author of Forensic DNA Typing, now applies his expertise on the subject of DNA analysis into an introductory textbook. Fundamentals of Forensic DNA Typing walks students step-by-step through the DNA analysis process beginning with collection of evidence at a crime scene to the statistical interpretation of the results. Also included are brief discussions of such news worthy topics as victim identification from the September 11, 2001 attacks, the identification of the remains of the Romanovs, the last Russian Royal family, and the O.J. Simpson case. New applications, such as genetic genealogy and tracing domestic pet hairs to perpetrators, are also detailed. With its clear and understandable style and extensive list of online ancillaries and study aids, this textbook will make the subject accessible to students in forensic science courses worldwide.
- Includes a glossary with over 400 terms for quick reference of unfamiliar terms as well as an acronym guide to decipher the DNA dialect
- Continues in the style of Forensic DNA Typing, 2e, with high-profile cases addressed in D.N.A.Boxes-- "Data, Notes & Applications" sections throughout
- Ancillaries include: instructor manual Web site, with tailored set of 1000+ PowerPoint slides (including figures), links to online training websites and a test bank with key
520 pages; ISBN 9780080961767
, or download in or
More from this author
- Advanced Topics in Forensic DNA Typing: Methodology2011US$ 99.95704 pages
- Forensic DNA Typing2005US$ 91.95679 pages
Courtroom 302 2011 US$ 11.99 416 pages
Global Public Interest in International Investment Law 2012 US$ 96.00 414 pages