The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Processing of Wide Band Gap Semiconductors
Wide bandgap semiconductors, made from such materials as GaN, SiC, diamond, and ZnSe, are undergoing a strong resurgence in recent years, principally because of their direct bandgaps, which give them a huge advantage over the indirect gap Sic As an example, more than 10 million blue LEDs using this technology are sold each month, and new, high brightness (15 lumens per watt), long-life white LEDs are under development with the potential to replace incandescent bulbs in many situations. This book provides readers with a broad overview of this rapidly expanding technology, bringing them up to speed on new discoveries and commercial applications. It provides specific technical applications of key processes such as laser diodes, LEDs, and very high temperature electronic controls on engines, focusing on doping, etching, oxidation passivation, growth techniques and more.
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism > Semiconductors
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism > Silicon carbide
- Academic > Physics > Electricity and magnetism > Wide gap semiconductors
- Academic > Physics > General > Physics; Tables
- Academic > Physics > Electricity
- Academic > Physics > Physics; Philosophy
- Technology > Electronics
- Technology > Material Science