1. At what point in Augusten Burroughs's memoir do you think the reality of his addiction actually became real to him?
2. Why did he realize how much he loved Pighead only when it was too late?
3. Do you feel addictions were portrayed realistically or not in Dry? Why or why not?
4. Who do you feel was the bravest character in the book?
5. Who do you feel was the most villainous character in the book?
6. Why do people choose inappropriate partners? Why did Augusten in Dry? Did he trade one addiction for another in terms of his choice in men?
7. What are some of the most dangerous behaviors recovering alcoholics can undertake? What are some of these behaviors you saw in Dry?
8. Can you pinpoint the one thing that finally got Augusten to a point where he could really be in recovery? What was it and why?
304 pages; ISBN 9781429967808
Author: Augusten Burroughs