for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Saints and Scamps

Ethics in Academia

Saints and Scamps
Saints and Scamps has been widely acclaimed as one of the best academic ethics books in print. In its 25th anniversary edition, Steven M. Cahn has updated and expanded upon his critical look at the duties and responsibilities of college professors; presenting us with a masterfully decisive and learned probe into the ethical standards and practices of the academic world and bringing Saints and Scamps to a new generation. Cahn discusses every issue, from grades to degree requirements, from tenure to the ethics of teaching. For Cahn, being a professor is so much more than research and scholarship; it is also about being a good teacher and shepherding in the next generation of students. He shows us what makes a wonderful professor and what constitutes professorial malpractice, and he does so with a wit and charm that is both entertaining and convincing. This is not just a book for college professors, but a book that should be read by parents, students, school administrators, and anyone interested in what teachers do and how they should do it. In this new edition, Cahn continues to do what he has done so brilliantly in the past; he shows us the ethical guidelines that every professor should follow.
Rowman & Littlefield Publishers; October 2010
Read online, or download in EPUB