The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
International Human Rights
The question often asked is 'where is a good starting place for learning about international human rights?' The answer now is Donnelly's International Human Rights. Eminently readable, chock-full of information, Donnelly's book is a must-read. (Human Rights Quarterly) In this new edition, Jack Donnelly updates his classic text on the rise of human rights issues since World War II to reflect the new challenges posed by globalization and the war on terrorism. The third edition includes two entirely new chapters on the Universality of Human Rights and Terrorism, and focuses on the recent emergence of nonstate actors such as the UN and NGO's.
- Academic > Political Science > Political theory. The state. Theories of the state > Ancient state
- Academic > Political Science > Political theory. The state. Theories of the state > Purpose, functions, and relations of the state
- Political Science > Globalization
- Political Science > International Relations
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security
- Law > Human Rights