Firefighter Exam For Dummies
In addition to physical tests of strength, agility, and coordination, firefighters must also pass a difficult written test that requires serious preparation to fare well, and many applicants fail to succeed.
Firefighter Exam For Dummies gives you a complete review of the most commonly tested topics that are typical of firefighter exams given to candidates across North America, as well as tips and advice on how to pass the oral interview, psychological testing, and the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT).
- Coverage of reading comprehension, math, principles of mechanics, tool usage and recognition, memorization and visualization, and on-the-job scenarios
- Study advice and test-taking tips
- 4 full-length practice exams with answers and detailed explanations including the National Firefighter Selection Inventory (NFSI), a battery of 105 questions that assess the job-related cognitive skills required of a firefighter, and a test based on the New York City (NYC) firefighter exam-one of the most demanding Complete with advice for conquering test anxiety, Firefighter Exam For Dummies covers everything you need to know to confidently tackle-and pass-the big exam.
408 pages; ISBN 9781118000533
, or download in or
Title: Firefighter Exam For Dummies
Author: Stacy L. Bell; Lindsay Rock; Tracey Biscontini
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Construction equipment in building
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Protection of buildings, Including protection from dampness, fire, burglary
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare > Emergency Services