The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling, Third Edition introduces students to the field of addiction counseling and helps them develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills needed to counsel people who are caught in the destructive cycle of addiction.
Drawing from her years of experience working in the addiction-counseling field, Geri Miller provides a balanced overview of the major theoretical underpinnings and clinical practices in the field, covering all of the essentials—from assessment and diagnosis of addiction to preparing for certification and licensure as an addiction professional.
Fully revised and expanded, the Third Edition offers a positive, practice-oriented counseling framework and features:
Revised chapters reflecting important changes in the field
New chapters on "Spirituality and Addiction Counseling" and "Pain and Substance Abuse"
New case studies, interactive exercises, and suggested reading and resources at the end of each chapter
"Personal Reflections" sections in each chapter illustrating the author's evolving views of addiction counseling
New online Instructor's Manual containing PowerPoint® slides, test bank questions, and syllabi
482 pages; ISBN 9780470634677
, or download in or
More from this author
- Incorporating Spirituality in Counseling and Psychotherapy2003US$ 60.00338 pages
- Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling2004US$ 48.99386 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Personality disorders. Behavior problems
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Addiction
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology