for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...

Current Practice in Forensic Medicine

Current Practice in Forensic Medicine
Although forensic medicine has been in existence for centuries in one guise or another, it is only with the recent growth in international research that it has begun to be acknowledged as a specific discipline in its own right. Many areas of progress are being made and this text aims to provide a unique, in-depth and critical update on selected topics that are of direct relevance to those practicing in the field including lawyers, police, medical and dental practitioners, forensic scientists and postgraduate/undergraduate medical students and undergraduate law students preparing for forensic medicine examinations.

This volume is designed to cover the wider aspects of forensic medicine, including the law, science, medicine (forensic pathology, clinical forensic medicine and forensic psychiatry) and dentistry. Topics covered include subjects of debate and/or uncertainty in areas where significant advances have been made and in those of current relevance to the forensic profession, Chapters provide a variety of approaches to the areas under discussion with reviews of current knowledge, information on significant changes and pointers to the future that the reader should be aware of.

Features:

• An authoritative review, for forensic medicine practitioners throughout the world, from leading international experts in the field.
  • Provides critical commentary and updates on current practice.
  • Topics include: a guide to the presentation of forensic medical evidence, bioterrorism, the paediatric hymen, assessment and interpretation of bone trauma in children, adult sexual assault, genital photography, forensic photography, common errors in injury interpretation, self-inflicted injuries and associated psychological profiles, bite marks and the role of the pathologist in aviation disasters.
  • Includes a wealth of four colour figures to illustrate key points discussed within the text.
Wiley; December 2010
Read online, or download in EPUB or secure PDF format