Introduction to Evolutionary Algorithms
Evolutionary algorithms (EAs) are becoming increasingly attractive for researchers from various disciplines, such as operations research, computer science, industrial engineering, electrical engineering, social science, economics, etc. This book presents an insightful, comprehensive, and up-to-date treatment of EAs, such as genetic algorithms, differential evolution, evolution strategy, constraint optimization, multimodal optimization, multiobjective optimization, combinatorial optimization, evolvable hardware, estimation of distribution algorithms, ant colony optimization, particle swarm optimization, artificial immune systems, artificial life, genetic programming, etc.
It emphasises the initiative ideas of the algorithm, contains discussions in the contexts, and suggests further readings and possible research projects. All the methods form a pedagogical way to make EAs easy and interesting.
This textbook also introduces the applications of EAs as many as possible. At least one real-life application is introduced by the end of almost every chapter. The authors focus on the kernel part of applications, such as how to model real-life problems, how to encode and decode the individuals, how to design effective search operators according to the chromosome structures, etc.
This textbook adopts pedagogical ways of making EAs easy and interesting. Its methods include an introduction at the beginning of each chapter, emphasising the initiative, discussions in the contexts, summaries at the end of every chapter, suggested further reading, exercises, and possible research projects.
Introduction to Evolutionary Algorithms will enable students to:
• establish a strong background on evolutionary algorithms;
• appreciate the cutting edge of EAs;
• perform their own research projects by simulating the application introduced in the book; and
• apply their intuitive ideas to academic search.
This book is aimed at senior undergraduate students or first-year graduate students as a textbook or self-study material.
426 pages; ISBN 9781849961295
, or download in
Title: Introduction to Evolutionary Algorithms
Author: Xinjie Yu; Mitsuo Gen
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Evolutionary programming
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Algorithms
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design
- Computers > Computer Architecture
- Computers > Artificial Intelligence
- Technology > Robotics
- Technology > Engineering
- Technology > Electronics