The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Little War That Shook the World
Georgia, Russia, and the Future of the West
The brief war between Russia and Georgia in August 2008 seemed to many like an unexpected shot out of the blue that was gone as quickly as it came. Former Assistant Deputy Secretary of State Ronald Asmus contends that it was a conflict that was prepared and planned for some time by Moscow, part of a broader strategy to send a message to the United States: that Russia is going to flex its muscle in the twenty-first century. A Little War that Changed the World is a fascinating look at the breakdown of relations between Russia and the West, the decay and decline of the Western Alliance itself, and the fate of Eastern Europe in a time of economic crisis.
272 pages; ISBN 9780230102286
- Academic > History > History of Russia. Soviet Union. Former Soviet Republics > Local history and description > Georgia (Republic). Georgian S.S.R. Georgian Sakartvelo
- History > Europe > Eastern
- History > Military > World War I
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security
- History > Russia (Pre- & Post-Soviet Union)
- History > Modern