Spaces, Places, Connections
Bringing together a wide range of original empirical research from locations and interconnected geographical contexts from Europe, Australasia, Asia, Africa, Central and Latin America, this book sets out a different agenda for mobility - one which emphasizes the enduring connectedness between, and embeddedness within, places during and after the experience of mobility. These issues are examined through the themes of home and family, neighbourhoods and city spaces and allow the reader to engage with migrants' diverse practices which are specifically local, yet spatially global.
This book breaks new ground by arguing for a spatial understanding of translocality that situates the migrant experience within/across particular 'locales' without confining it to the territorial boundedness of the nation state. It will be of interest to academics and students of social and cultural geography, anthropology and transnational studies.
Title: Translocal Geographies
Author: Ayona Datta; Katherine Brickell
More Social Science
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Life Sciences > Biology > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Academic > Geography > Human ecology. Anthropogeography
- Science > Geography
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Social Science > Demography
- Social Science > Emigration & Immigration