The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010
Create integrated business intelligence solutions using the newest releases of the Microsoft BI stack
Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010 explains how to use the entire Microsoft BI stack--SQL Server 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010 components, including Excel/Gemini--to create integrated, practical, business intelligence solutions. An overview of SQL Server Analysis Services sets the stage for broad coverage of Excel as a front end for "self-service analysis," using SharePoint features for collaboration and workgroup BI, and leveraging Reporting Services for enterprise dashboards and reports. This practical guide focuses on building end-to-end BI solutions that solve real business data dilemmas.
Building Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2008 R2 & Office 2010 features:
- Authoritative content written by a senior technology specialist at Microsoft who has presented to thousands of users and developers on Microsoft's BI technologies
- A foreword by Thierry D'Hers, Business Intelligence Group Program Manager at Microsoft
- Real-world exercises that enable you to build practical solutions for your own business problems
- Detailed illustrations depicting sophisticated reporting results
- Tips on visually representing data, creating KPI's, and business metrics
Complete coverage of Microsoft business intelligence solutions:
What Is Business Intelligence?; Collaboration Meets Business Intelligence; Excel & Excel Services; Analysis Services & Cubes; Introducing PowerPivot; Getting Data In; Reporting Services; SharePoint; Charts & Graphs; Mapping; Data Mining; Scorecards & Dashboards; Master Data Services; Publishing and Administration
More from this author
- Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005 Analysis Services Step by Step2006US$ 31.99398 pages
- Business Intelligence2008US$ 19.99220 pages