An Introduction for Designers
Now in an updated Fourth Edition, Understanding Colorhelps you connect the dots between your emotional, intuitiveresponses to color and the theories that explain them. From thisauthoritative and easy-to-follow resource, you'll learn how to usecolor more comfortably, creatively, and effectively than everbefore.
Take your work to the next level by exploring how differentlight sources affect color rendition, how placement changes color,how to avoid costly color mistakes, and how to resolve the colorproblems that frequently confront design professionals. Thisedition is full of powerful new features that reflect the latestissues in color and design, including:
- Expanded and revised content in nearly 35% of the book.
- Coverage of a broad range of design disciplines.
- Ideas from the major color theorists that reinforce content,rather than emphasizing what is correct or incorrect.
- Discussion of color created by traditional media and digitaldesign, and the issues that arise when design moves from one mediumto another.
- Innovative coverage of color marketing issues.
- Helpful tips for using color in the working environment.
- An online workbook with valuable exercises that reinforce colorconcepts.
Understanding Color, Fourth Edition is an unparalleledsource of authoritative information and practical solutions forstudents and professionals in all fields of design.
272 pages; ISBN 9781118005774
, or download in or
Title: Understanding Color
Author: Linda Holtzschue
Living and Sustaining a Creative Life 2013 US$ 20.00 226 pages
The Art of Art History 2009 US$ 21.00 600 pages