The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sustainable Design of Research Laboratories
Planning, Design, and Operation
Architecture, Sustainable Design
A comprehensive book on the sustainable design of research laboratories
Today's research laboratories are complex and difficult building types to design, and making them sustainable adds more obstacles. Written by members of the well-known firm KlingStubbins, under the guidance of its Directors of Laboratory Planning, Engineering, and Sustainability, Sustainable Design of Research Laboratories represents a multidisciplinary approach to addressing these challenges.
With the needs of architects, engineers, construction professionals, and facility owners in mind, this book provides a road map for sustainable planning, design, construction, and operations. The book is valuable both to experienced laboratory designers seeking guidance on sustainable strategies, as well as professionals versed in sustainable design who want insight into laboratory applications. With content rich in guidance on performance strategies, even the most technically oriented reader will find valuable lessons inside. This book:
Focuses on the links between best sustainable practices and the specific needs of research laboratories
Provides a number of case studies of the best contemporary sustainably designed labs, with a focus on architecture and engineering
Explores the challenges in applying rating systems, including LEED, to laboratory buildings
Examines unique considerations of sustainable approaches in leased and renovated laboratories
Includes contributions by experts on approaches to integrated design, site design, programming, and commissioning
This important book shows how theoretical ideas can be applied to real-life laboratory projects to create healthier and more efficient research environments.
320 pages; ISBN 9780470915967
, or download in or
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Special classes of buildings > Classed by use > Public buildings
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > 1821- > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theatrical costume and costume design > Materials and articles of clothing > Rings, bracelets, armillae, etc. > 1821-
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture
- Architecture > Design & Drafting
- Architecture > Public, Commercial, or Industrial Buildings