The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Researching Your Family History Online For Dummies
"Easy to read yet filled with facts and information, this is a solid reference guide with everything for the beginner – and perhaps something for the more experienced too."
–Family History Monthly
"There is a lot of good advice in this book for those starting out."
Navigate your way through your family's past
Interested in family history? Keen to discover who your ancestors really were? Want to find out more from the comfort of your own home? If so, this book is for you. Walking you through the process of researching, organising and presenting your family tree online, this expert guide makes it simple. So what are you waiting for? Get plugged in and start tracking down your ancestors today!
- Lay the groundwork – take the first steps on your genealogical journey and start searching for evidence
- Find out about your ancestors – discover who your predecessors were and where they came from
- Get to grips with research tools – find the best online and offline archives and dig deeper into your family's past
- Present your results effectively – compile your findings into a family tree and create a place to host your material online
Open the book and find:
- What clues you can get from photos, letters, diaries and your relatives
- The best genealogy websites in the UK and around the world
- How to get the most out of archives and documents
- Techniques for creating family history charts on your computer
- The advantages of coordinating your hunt with other researchers
- Ways to share research online
- Tips and tricks for building a family history web page
- Get the most out of genealogy websites and resources
- Store and organise information on yourcomputer
- Create your family tree and host it online
286 pages; ISBN 9781119998327
, or download in or
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages