Connecting Libraries with Classrooms: The Curricular Roles of the Media Specialist

The Curricular Roles of the Media Specialist, Second Edition

Connecting Libraries with Classrooms: The Curricular Roles of the Media Specialist by Kay Bishop

This latest version of Connecting Libraries with Classrooms: The Curricular Roles of the Media Specialist is intended to help school librarians to collaborate with teachers in subject areas, meet the needs of special groups of students, and be fully aware of important educational trends.

The first chapter covers collaboration and partnerships within the school setting, providing a background for the subsequent subject matter. The balance of the book addresses the role of the school librarian in the modern K–12 curriculum. This information is organized into the curricula of reading, music, and English as a second language; three groups of special students (students with autism, highly mobile students, and LGBT students); and critical trends in education—Web 2.0, distance education, and inclusion. This resource is an invaluable aid for practicing school librarians and serve as a core textbook for preservice school librarians.

ABC-CLIO; March 2011
Title: Connecting Libraries with Classrooms: The Curricular Roles of the Media Specialist
Author: Kay Bishop

Buy, download and read Connecting Libraries with Classrooms: The Curricular Roles of the Media Specialist (eBook) by Kay Bishop today!