The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Soil Quality Standards for Trace Elements
Derivation, Implementation, and Interpretation
A comprehensive and practical overview of the state of the science, Soil Quality Standards for Trace Elements: Derivation, Implementation, and Interpretation addresses the derivation of soil quality standards for trace elements and the implementation of these standards within regulatory and risk assessment frameworks. Forty experts from 11 countries across Europe, Asia, and North America—a multidisciplinary group of government policy makers and regulators, academics, industry representatives, and consultants—provide a focused discussion on the science and methods underpinning the derivation of soil quality standards for trace elements.
- Outlines the supporting science for setting environmental and human health standards
- Covers the application and practical use of soil quality standards for trace elements
- Contains recommendations on the development and use of soil quality standards for trace elements
- Identifies best practices in accounting for (bio)availability and exposure modelling in standard setting for soils
The book provides a clear description of how to derive and implement soil quality standards for trace elements in order to assess human and environmental risks. It covers scientific developments useful for resolving discrepancies in the setting and implementation of soil quality standards. It provides useful tips, including do's, and don'ts on how to deal with issues such as variation of the natural background and soil type dependent toxicity.
176 pages; ISBN 9781439830246
, or download in
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages
- Academic > Agriculture > Soils. Soil science > Soil science; Encyclopedias
- Academic > Agriculture > Soils. Soil science > Soils; Trace element content
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Science > Geophysics
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Agriculture
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology