Alcohol and Tobacco
Medical and Sociological Aspects of Use, Abuse and Addiction
Alcohol and nicotine addiction mostly occur together. Over the last ten years therapeutic aspects and motivational strategies have been considerably improved. Hence, groups and subgroups have been defined and can be treated with specific medication and tailor-made psychotherapies, leading in the long term to considerably better and more effective results than the once broadly applied, rigorous abstinence -based therapies. However, alcohol and nicotine addiction still represent major medical and social problems.
In this book, new therapeutic approaches are comprehensively described, outlining the different interactions between personality, environment and the effects of the substance.
In addition to prevention-based therapies and diagnosis, essential psychological and sociological strategies, as well as medication-based therapies, are also presented in detail. All of these therapies have realistic aims and are of global validity. In addition, the book provides a broad overview of the American and European epidemiology of alcohol and nicotine addictions. The book is written for all those who care for and offer professional therapy for alcohol and nicotine-addicted patients.
363 pages; ISBN 9783709101469
, or download in
Title: Alcohol and Tobacco
Author: Otto-Michael Lesch; Henriette Walter; Christian Wetschka; Michie Hesselbrock; Victor Hesselbrock
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Personality disorders. Behavior problems
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Therapeutics. Psychotherapy
- Academic > Health Sciences > Practice of medicine. Medical practice economics
- Medicine > Psychiatry
- Medicine > Family & General Practice
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy