The Definitive Guide to Jython
Python for the Java Platform
Jython is an open source implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented scripting language Python seamlessly integrated with the Java platform. The predecessor to Jython, JPython, is certified as 100% Pure Java. Jython is freely available for both commercial and noncommercial use and is distributed with source code. Jython is complementary to Java.
The Definitive Guide to Jython, written by the official Jython team leads, covers Jython 2.5 (or 2.5.x)from the basics to more advanced features. This book begins with a brief introduction to the language and then journeys through Jythons different features and uses.
The Definitive Guide to Jython is organized for beginners as well as advanced users of the language. The book provides a general overview of the Jython language itself, but it also includes intermediate and advanced topics regarding database, web, and graphical user interface (GUI) applications; Web services/SOA; and integration, concurrency, and parallelism, to name a few.
529 pages; ISBN 9781430225287
, or download in
Title: The Definitive Guide to Jython
Author: Josh Juneau; Jim Baker; Frank Wierzbicki; Leo Soto Muoz; Victor Ng; Alex Ng; Donna L. Baker
Java For Everyone 2012 US$ 52.00 831 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Jython
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Programming Languages > Java
- Computers > Programming Languages > HTML, SGML, VRML, XML
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Information Technology