The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic
Master the Art of Electronics Repair
In this hands-on guide, a lifelong electronics repair guru shares his tested techniques and invaluable insights. How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic shows you how to repair and extend the life of all kinds of solid-state devices, from modern digital gadgetry to cherished analog products of yesteryear.
You'll start by selecting the tools and test equipment you'll need and setting up your workbench. Then, you'll get familiar with components and how they form circuits, stages, and sections of a device. Next, you'll learn how to take a product apart, figure out what's wrong with it, replace components, and reassemble it. Real-world case studies help clarify the topics covered. Tips and tricks for specific devices, such as optical disc players, computers, and video recorders, are also included in this practical resource.
- Set up a workbench and equip it with tools and test instruments
- Ensure personal safety and avoid electrical and physical damage to devices
- Understand electrical units, circuits, and signals
- Use test equipment, including a digital multimeter, signal generator, frequency counter, and an oscilloscope
- Repair circuit boards and replace parts
- Work with components, from capacitors and ICs to transistors and zeners
- Learn to read block, schematic, and pictorial diagrams
- Disassemble devices and identify sections and stages
- Troubleshoot and diagnose to the component level
- Perform reverse-order reassembly
336 pages; ISBN 9780071744232
, or download in or
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages