The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Religion and Tourism
Crossroads, Destinations and Encounters
This book explores the dynamic interaction between religion and tourism in the modern world. It considers questions such as:
- do travellers leave their religion at home when they are touring – and what happens if not?
- what are the relationships between tourism and pilgrimage?
- what happens to religious performances, places and festivals that function as tourism attractions?
Other chapters examine religious theme parks, wellness and spa tourism, the roles played by tourist guides, guidebooks and religious souvenirs, and the role of tourism as a major arena of religious encounters in the contemporary world. Surveying the growing body of work in the field, Michael Stausberg argues that tourism should be a major focus of research within religious studies.
304 pages; ISBN 9781136992988
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Routledge Handbook of Research Methods in the Study of Religion2011US$ 220.00569 pages
- Faszination Zarathushtra1998US$ 377.00569 pages