The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
A2 Film Studies
The Essential Introduction
A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction gives students the confidence to tackle every part of the WJEC A2 Level Film Studies course. The authors, who have wide ranging experience as teachers, examiners and authors, introduce students step by step, to the skills involved in the study of film. The second edition has been re-designed and re-written to follow the new WJEC A2 syllabus for 2009 teaching onwards and is supported by a companion website at www.alevelfilmstudies.co.uk offering further advice and activities.
There is a chapter for each exam topic including:
- The small scale research project
- The creative project
- Aspects of a national cinema - Bollywood; Iranian; Japanese; and Mexican
- International Film Styles - German and/or Soviet; Surrealism; Neo-Realism; and New Waves
- Specialist studies - Urban Stories; and Empowering Women
- Spectatorship topics - Early cinema before 1917; Documentary; Experimental and expanded film/video; and Popular film and emotional responses
- The single film critical study - every film covered
Specifically designed to be user friendly, the second edition of A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction has a new text design to make the book easy to follow, includes more than sixty colour images and is packed with features such as:
- case studies relevant to the 2009 specification
- activities on films like All About My Mother, 10, Vertigo and City of God
- key terms
- example exam questions
- suggestions for further reading and website resources.
Matched to the current WJEC specification, A2 Film Studies: The Essential Introduction covers everything students need to study as part of the course.
, or download in or