The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Making Music in the Primary School
Whole Class Instrumental and Vocal Teaching
Making Music in the Primary School is an essential guide for all student and practising primary school teachers, instrumental teachers and community musicians involved in music with children. It explores teaching and learning music with the whole class and provides a framework for successful musical experiences with large groups of children.
Striking the perfect balance between theory and practice, this invaluable text includes case studies and exemplars, carefully designed activities to try out in the classroom, as well as a range of tried-and-tested teaching strategies to help you support and develop children’s musical experience in the classroom.
Grounded within a practical, philosophical and theoretical framework, the book is structured around the four key principles that underpin effective music teaching and experience:
- Integration – how can we join up children’s musical experiences?
- Creativity – how can we support children’s musical exploration?
- Access and Inclusion – how can we provide a relevant experience for every child?
- Collaboration – how might we work together to achieve these aims?
Written in a clear, accessible and engaging style, Making Music in the Primary School will give you all the confidence you need when working with whole classes, whatever your musical or teaching background.
, or download in or
More from this author
- Inside Role Play in Early Childhood Education2008US$ 50.95147 pages
- A Practical Guide to Teaching Music in the Secondary School2009US$ 37.95118 pages