The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
In Other Words
A Coursebook on Translation
This best-selling textbook is the essential coursebook for any student studying in this field. Assuming no knowledge of foreign languages, In Other Words offers both a practical and theoretical guide to translation studies, and provides an important foundation for training professional translators.
The second edition has been fully revised to reflect recent developments in the field and new features include:
- A new chapter that addresses issues of ethics and ideology, in response to increased pressures on translators and interpreters to demonstrate accountability and awareness of the social impact of their decisions.
- Examples and exercises from new genres such as audiovisual translation, scientific translation, oral interpreting, website translation, and news/media translation.
- New project-driven exercises designed to support MA dissertation work
- Updated references and further reading.
- A companion website featuring further examples and tasks
, or download in or