The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Discrete and Computational Geometry
Discrete geometry is a relatively new development in pure mathematics, while computational geometry is an emerging area in applications-driven computer science. Their intermingling has yielded exciting advances in recent years, yet what has been lacking until now is an undergraduate textbook that bridges the gap between the two. Discrete and Computational Geometry offers a comprehensive yet accessible introduction to this cutting-edge frontier of mathematics and computer science.
This book covers traditional topics such as convex hulls, triangulations, and Voronoi diagrams, as well as more recent subjects like pseudotriangulations, curve reconstruction, and locked chains. It also touches on more advanced material, including Dehn invariants, associahedra, quasigeodesics, Morse theory, and the recent resolution of the Poincaré conjecture. Connections to real-world applications are made throughout, and algorithms are presented independently of any programming language. This richly illustrated textbook also features numerous exercises and unsolved problems.
- The essential introduction to discrete and computational geometry
- Covers traditional topics as well as new and advanced material
- Features numerous full-color illustrations, exercises, and unsolved problems
- Suitable for sophomores in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or physics
- Rigorous but accessible
- An online solutions manual is available (for teachers only). To obtain access, please e-mail: [email protected]
280 pages; ISBN 9781400838981
, or download in or
More from this author
- Handbook of Discrete and Computational Geometry, Second Edition2004US$ 179.951557 pages
- Geometric Folding Algorithms2007US$ 44.00496 pages
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages