Master Sun's Art of War

Master Sun's Art of War by Sun Tzu
“P. J. Ivanhoe is one of the English-speaking world’s foremost translators and interpreters of classical Chinese philosophical texts. His translation of the Sunzi Bingfa reads beautifully, adorned only by sobering photographic plates of the famed terracotta army of the first Qin emperor that turn one back to the text in a properly reflective mood. The Introduction and endnotes are blessedly spare, providing just the right amount of interpretive scholarship to assist comprehension of the text, while not interfering with its intrinsic simplicity, clarity, and profundity.”
—Sumner B. Twiss, Distinguished Professor of Human Rights, Ethics, and Religion, Florida State University

“Philip J. Ivanhoe’s translation of Sun Tzu's Art of War will be warmly embraced by students. His discussion in the Introduction about the text’s dating and authorship, as well as Chinese attitudes towards things military, is concise, informative, and up-to-date. The translation itself is a marvel—its language is simple and direct, making it immensely readable and clear.”
—Keith Knapp, is Westvaco Professor of National Security Studies, Department of History, The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina

Philip J. Ivanhoe is Reader-Professor of Philosophy, City University of Hong Kong.

Hackett Publishing Company, Inc.; March 2011
Title: Master Sun's Art of War
Author: Sun Tzu; Philip J. Ivanhoe

Buy, download and read Master Sun's Art of War (eBook) by Sun Tzu; Philip J. Ivanhoe today!
Subject categories
1603846042
9781603844673
9781603846042
9781603848046