The Power of Myth
The national bestseller, now available in a non-illustrated, standard format paperback edition
Touching on topics from the role of heroes to Star Wars, The Power of Myth gives us the wise and witty conversation that unfurled between journalist Bill Moyers and mythologist Joseph Campbell over a six-hour PBS broadcast. Mostly conducted at George Lucas’s Skywalker Ranch, this extraordinary interview reveals how the themes and symbols of ancient narratives continue to bring meaning to birth, death, love, and war. From stories of the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece and Rome to traditions of Buddhism, Hinduism and Christianity, a broad array of themes are considered that together identify the universality of human experience across time and culture. An impeccable match of interviewer and subject, a timeless distillation of Campbell’s work, The Power of Myth continues to exert a profound influence on our culture.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
320 pages; ISBN 9780307794727
Title: The Power of Myth
Author: Joseph Campbell; Bill Moyers
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Folklore
- Academic > Religion > Religion (General)
- Academic > Religion > The myth. Comparative mythology
- Folklore & Mythology > Popular Myths
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychoanalysis
- Religion > Philosophy
- Social Science > Folklore & Mythology