The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Dreaming of Chanel
Vintage Dresses, Timeless Stories
But when Charlotte Smith discovered that her American godmother, Doris Darnell, had made her custodian of more than three thousand pieces dating from 1790 to the 1990s, including originals by Chanel and Dior, she was more than a little daunted.
Then Charlotte uncovered her first treasure— an exquisite 1920s evening dress—and promptly fell in love. And once she found her godmother’s book of stories, the true value of her inheritance hit home. This wasn’t merely a collection of beautiful things, it was a precious collection of women’s lives. Tiny glimpses of our joys and disappointments, our entrances and exits, triumphant and tragic.
In her previous book, Dreaming of Dior, Charlotte shared some of these gorgeous dresses and the stories of the women who wore them. Now, in Dreaming of Chanel, with special appearances by Chanel, Vivienne Westwood, Pucci, Valentino and many more, Charlotte offers another unforgettable glimpse inside the magical wardrobe every woman would love to own.
296 pages; ISBN 9781451632989
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Manners and customs (General) > Houses. Dwellings
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theatrical costume and costume design > By class (Age, sex, birth, etc.) > Women
- Crafts & Hobbies > Sewing
- Crafts & Hobbies > Fashion
- Biography & Autobiography > Women
- Social Science > Women's Studies