The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Understanding Black Male Learning Styles
Offering information for use inside and outside of the classroom, this educational resource delineates how black males learn differently from other students and what can be done to most effectively reach them. Outlining the differences as both behavioral (attention span, aggression, maturation, energy level, and pressure from peers) and educational (verbal skills, organization, gross and fine motor skills, and reading interests) among others, this proposal provides real-world experiences alongside theories, making this an essential guide for educators, parents, counselors, psychologists, and others involved with black male adolescents. A section on how the majority of teachers, who are nonblack and female, can extend their education to overcome differences within the normal classroom setting, and help to reduce the number of black males in special education, is also provided.
160 pages; ISBN 9781934155622
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Blacks. African Americans
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Moral education. Character building
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Self-education. Self-culture
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Social Science > African-American Studies
- Social Science > Men's Studies
- Psychology & Psychiatry