The Bible For Dummies
The Bible For Dummies appeals to people of all faiths, aswell as those who don’t practice any particular religion, byproviding interfaith coverage of the entire Bible and the oftenfascinating background information that makes the Bible come alive.You’ll find answers to such questions as:
- Where did the Bible come from?
- Who wrote the Bible?
- How is the Bible put together?
Follow the history of the Bible from its beginning thousands ofyears ago as tattered scrolls to its status as the bestseller ofall time. The Bible For Dummies covers these topics andmore:
- Ten people in the Bible you should know
- The Hebrew Bible
- The Apocrypha’s hidden treasures
- What’s new about the New Testament
- Israel’s wisdom, literature, and love poetry
- The Bible’s enduring influence
- The prophets: more than fortunetellers
Discover the world’s all-time bestseller in an entirelynew light. Whether you’re interested in broadening yourspiritual horizons, uncovering the symbolism of Western culture, orgaining a deeper understanding of the book you grew up reading,The Bible For Dummies has all the information you need tonavigate this ancient and fascinating book.
432 pages; ISBN 9781118053690
Title: The Bible For Dummies
Author: Jeffrey Geoghegan; Michael Homan