The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Beginning Android Application Development
The Android OS is a popular and flexible platform for many of today's most in-demand mobile devices. This full-color guide offers you a hands-on introduction to creating Android applications for the latest mobile devices. Veteran author Wei Meng Lee accompanies each lesson with real-world examples to drive home the content he covers. Beginning with an overview of core Android features and tools, he moves at a steady pace while teaching everything you need to know to successfully develop your own Android applications.
- Explains what an activity is and reviews its lifecycle
- Zeroes in on customizing activities by applying styles and themes
- Looks at the components of a screen, including LinearLayout, AbsoluteLayout, and RelativeLayout, among others
- Details ways to adapt to different screen sizes and adjust display orientation
- Reviews the variety of views such as TextView, ProgressBar, TimePicker, and more
Beginning Android Application Development pares down the most essential steps you need to know so you can start creating Android applications today.
448 pages; ISBN 9781118087800
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Application software; Development
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > Hardware > Handheld Computing