The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Practical Guide for Manufacturers of Electronic Components and Systems
Reliability engineers need practical orientation around the complex procedures involved in failure analysis. This guide acts as a tool for all advanced techniques, their benefits and vital aspects of their use in a reliability programme. Using twelve complex case studies, the authors explain why failure analysis should be used with electronic components, when implementation is appropriate and methods for its successful use.
Inside you will find detailed coverage on:
- a synergistic approach to failure modes and mechanisms, along with reliability physics and the failure analysis of materials, emphasizing the vital importance of cooperation between a product development team involved
- the reasons why failure analysis is an important tool for improving yield and reliability by corrective actions
- the design stage, highlighting the ‘concurrent engineering' approach and DfR (Design for Reliability)
- failure analysis during fabrication, covering reliability monitoring, process monitors and package reliability
- reliability resting after fabrication, including reliability assessment at this stage and corrective actions
- a large variety of methods, such as electrical methods, thermal methods, optical methods, electron microscopy, mechanical methods, X-Ray methods, spectroscopic, acoustical, and laser methods
- new challenges in reliability testing, such as its use in microsystems and nanostructures
This practical yet comprehensive reference is useful for manufacturers and engineers involved in the design, fabrication and testing of electronic components, devices, ICs and electronic systems, as well as for users of components in complex systems wanting to discover the roots of the reliability flaws for their products.
344 pages; ISBN 9781119990000
, or download in or
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages