Golden Retrievers For Dummies
Golden Retrievers For Dummies is intended for busy 21stcentury dog owners who don’t have time to sit down and readthrough 300 pages at a crack. This is a reference you can jump inand out of as dog questions rear their furry heads. This handyguide is also for you if
- You own a Golden Retriever or thinking about getting one.
- You've just brought home a Golden pup.
- You want to find the best way to raise and train yourGolden.
- You want to help your Golde n to not just survive but tothrive.
Find out what it takes to own this active, intelligent, andfriendly dog. Explore the Golden's personality traits and livingrequirements. Discover which diseases are hereditary. Thisreference guide covers all the aspects of dog ownership,including:
- Looking at breeders, rescue groups, and animal shelters
- Adopting and caring for older dogs
- Selecting a puppy with help from an established testingprocess
- Dog-proofing your house and yard
- Crate training, housetraining, and obedience training
- Canine communication and growing pains
- Feeding, exercising, and playing with your Golden
- Dealing with illness, problem behavior, and treatment
- Grooming for health and beauty
If you’re serious about this Golden business and not justcaving in to the kids or some other wild impulse, follow the adviceof responsible dog owners and breeders. Look deep into yourdog-loving soul and carefully consider the big picture. Love aloneis not enough.
288 pages; ISBN 9781118053638
Title: Golden Retrievers For Dummies
Author: Nona Kilgore Bauer