School Success for Kids With ADHD
The ultimate guide to ensuring school success for kids with attention deficits.
School Success for Kids With ADHD offers parents and teachers the support they need to ensure children with attention deficits build on their strengths, circumvent their weaknesses, and achieve to their fullest potential. With the growing number of children diagnosed with attention problems, parents and teachers need practical advice for helping these children succeed in school.
Topics include recognizing the causes and types of attention deficits and how they appear in the school context, requesting school evaluations and diagnoses, understanding the laws regarding students with special needs, advocating for these students in the school environment, and coaching students with attention deficits to success.
The authors also include a brief overview of research and medical perspectives on attention deficits, strategies used by teachers of children with ADHD, and helpful tools for parents and teachers to employ, such as homework checklists and self-advocacy charts.
225 pages; ISBN 9781593634520
, or download in or
Title: School Success for Kids With ADHD
Author: Stephan M. Silverman; Jacqueline S. Iseman; Sue Jeweler
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education > Roman Catholic
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Exceptional children and youth. Special education > Children and youth with disabilities. Learning disabled children and youth
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology
- Education > Special Education
- Family & Relationships > Children with Special Needs