The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Oak Island Mystery
The Secret of the World's Greatest Treasure Hunt
In 1795 three boys discovered the top of an ancient shaft on uninhabited Oak Island in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. The boys began to dig, and what they uncovered started the world's greatest and strangest treasure hunt but nobody knows what the treasure is. Two hundred years of courage, back-breaking effort, ingenuity, and engineering skills have failed to retrieve what is concealed there.
Theories of what the treasure could be include Captain Kidd's bloodstained pirate gold, an army payroll left by the French or British military engineers, priceless ancient manuscripts, the body of an Arif or other religious refugee leader, or the lost treasure of the Templars. The Oak Island curse prophesies that the treasure will not be found until seven men are dead and the last oak has fallen. That last oak has already gone, and six treasure hunters have been killed.
After years of research, the authors have finally solved the sinister riddle of Oak Island, but their answer is challenging, controversial, and disturbing. Something beyond price still lies waiting in the labyrinth.
240 pages; ISBN 9781459701069
, or download in or
More from this author
- Mysteries and Secrets of Numerology2013US$ 19.99345 pages
- Mysteries and Secrets of Voodoo, Santeria, and Obeah2008US$ 24.99258 pages
- Academic > History > British America > Canada > Maritime provinces. Atlantic coast of Canada > Nova Scotia. Acadia
- Academic > History > United States local history > New England
- Body Mind & Spirit > Supernatural
- History > Exploration & Discovery
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)
- Social Science