Book Clubbing! Successful Book Clubs for Young People
Book Clubbing!: Successful Book Clubs for Young People offers practical tips on creating book clubs that involve students of all ages and reading levels—including special education students, second language learners, and reluctant readers—making it easy to have fun, productive, and educational book clubs and other reading events.
The book begins with a discussion of the current research on reading and practical tips from experienced sponsors and participants, followed by suggestions on customizing book clubs to fit the students' needs and how to add "sparkle" to the club with field trips, readers theatre, guest speakers, and mystery games. The book offers a wide variety of reading activities, ensuring a dynamic, lively reading group. Numerous forms, booklists, booktalks, reading lists, and resource websites offer additional help for educators and library staff. Especially unique and valuable is the reading activities chapter that includes reproducible reading games, a readers theatre script, a folktale "rap," and various booktalks and contests.
143 pages; ISBN 9781586834159
, or download in
Title: Book Clubbing! Successful Book Clubs for Young People
Author: Carol Littlejohn
More Language Arts
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education > Reading circles and correspondence clubs
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Economic aspects of education
- Literary Criticism > Books & Reading
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Library & Information Science
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy