Culture and Customs of Norway
Culture and Customs of Norway provides an up-to-date view of Norway, showcasing a nation that is part of modern Europe, yet zealously maintains its own culture and identity. Providing the most current information on a broad range of topics—including cinema, literature, food, art, performing arts, and architecture—the book also places modern-day Norway in a historical context that makes it possible to understand how Norwegian culture came to be as it is today.
Readers will discover a nation that is a fascinating juxtaposition of advanced technology, especially in such fields as oil production and climate, and some of the most spectacular natural beauty in the world. They will read about such famous writers, artists, and composers as Henrik Ibsen, Edvard Munch, and Edvard Grieg. And they will discover how Norway confronts the challenges of modern society without sacrificing its social-democratic philosophy of social justice and shared responsibility, both at home and globally.
248 pages; ISBN 9780313362491
, or download in
Title: Culture and Customs of Norway
Author: Margaret O'Leary
More Social Science
- Academic > History > History of Northern Europe. Scandinavia > Norway > Antiquities. Social life and customs. Ethnography
- Academic > History > History of Northern Europe. Scandinavia > History > General
- Academic > History > History of Northern Europe. Scandinavia > General
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Juvenile Nonfiction > History
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- Social Science > Customs & Traditions