The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Almighty Black P Stone Nation
The Rise, Fall, and Resurgence of an American Gang
In gangster lore, the Almighty Black P Stone Nation stands out among the most notorious street gangs. But how did teens from a povertystricken Chicago neighborhood build a powerful organization that united 21 individual gangs into a virtual nation?
Natalie Y. Moore and Lance Williams answer this and other questions in a provocative tale that features a colorful cast of characters from white do-gooders, black nationalists, and community organizers to overzealous law enforcement. The U.S. government funded the Nation. Louis Farrakahn hired the gangrenamed the El Rukns in a tribute to Islamas his Angels of Death. Fifteen years before 9/11, the government convicted the gang of plotting terrorist acts with Libyan leader Mu’ammar Gadhafi; currently, founding member Jeff Fort is serving a triple life sentence.
An exciting story about the evolution of a gang, the book is an exposé of how minority crime is targeted as well as a timely look at urban violence
272 pages; ISBN 9781569768464
, or download in or
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- History > United States > 20th Century
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Terrorism
- Social Science > Poverty
- Social Science > Criminology
- True Crime